As an addict involved in the LDS Addiction Recovery Program, I had to dig deep to find and embrace my inner Mormon. What follows is my journal from this point forward.
I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Captain Moroni Ascribes all Glory to God Even When he Prepares his People



Even though Capt. Moroni prepared his people, he does not ascribe his power to his own doings or preparations. He has full faith that God has been with them and even with their preparations, only God can fully preserve them.  The enemy does not recognize God and only recognizes the temporal nature of their efforts. Even though they had been prepared temporally, Capt. Moroni ascribes this to God and all their protection to God so for him even the temporal preparations are spiritual. Zerehamna only sees the physical preparations and ignores testimony.  

When I am buoyed up by God and my efforts result in blessings, do I give glory to God in my heart or do I ascribe it to my own unaided efforts which are truly never unaided?  As I review step 6 in my recovery, my regular scripture reading reveals to me the need to recognize the Lord as my only salvation in this program and thus my need to become completely dependent on him.


No comments:

Post a Comment