As an addict involved in the LDS Addiction Recovery Program, I had to dig deep to find and embrace my inner Mormon. What follows is my journal from this point forward.
I'm a Mormon.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Adoption Fundraising Garage Sale

I have been doing things

I have been silent here, but not elsewhere. I am now involved in Ukranian Adoptions. I am just beginning, but I will use my blog to promote this act of pure love.


While Becky and I get our own house in order adn determine our best direction for international adoption, we continue to do what we can for others curretnly pursuing adoption. It is a challenge and the costs can be discouraging. Those that pursue such adoptions step out on pure faith from the very beginning.

The Bahr Family

One such family is the Bahr family. Jeff and Vira Bahr are pursuing the adoption of Tanya Milova. Tany is a young lady who is nearing the age when she needs to leave the orphanage system in the Ukraine. Without adoption, she faces a very foreboding future. This adoption is time critical. They need to finish the administrative work before Tanya "graduates" the system.

Garage Sale Fundraiser

The Bahrs continue to raise money by working and saving and holding fund raisers likegargage sales. There is one this Saturday, August 20. 2011 in Orem, UT. The address is 391 South 400 West, Orem, UT 84058. This would be a great chance to help out in a worthy cause. You could bring something to donate for sale or come and buy something. You could meet the Bahrs and see just how real and loving and down to earth they are. You can contact the Bahrs at 801.369.9350 or email at vbahr@homerealty.com


No comments:

Post a Comment